the wrong cocoa

I know a strange title for a article but my search came to a very disappointing ending.

If you didn't know I love to bake and I especially love to bake chocolate goodies. Chocolate patty cakes were one of the first things I baked when I was around 9 or 10 years old.
Now the most gorgeous cocoa is no longer available. Sadly I went through the same conundrum about 10 years ago when the 100% cocoa I used to buy decided to add flavoring. Didn't any one tell them cocoa is the flavoring. Anywho I bought a lot of cocoa brands until I found, in the most unlikely red and white packet, the most rich, lush, dark, seductive, 100% cocoa in the form of a Woolworths Own Brand Cocoa Powder box.

So I did what every cocoa powder lover would do, I went in search. After ringing the other Wollies up here, hoping it was just a Darwin thing to no longer stocked it, I rang some shops in Adelaide where I knew I used to buy it from, no luck.
Then I came across someone else pleas for answers.
My heart sank.
This is all I have left
chocolate dust

 

So my search for a new wonderful cocoa begins.

In the meantime I baked this chocolate slice, enjoy

Ingredients
185 grams butter (I use margarine or nuttelex)
1 teas vanilla
1 cup plain flour
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa

  1. Melt the butter, add the vanilla
  2. mix dry ingredients into another bowl
  3. pour in the butter and mix
  4. press gently into a 20 x 20 cm lined tin
  5. bake in a moderate oven for 15 to 20 mins depending on your oven
  6. a skewer should come out clean but the dough should be still sqidgee to touch
  7. let it cool a little before icing
  8. mix icing sugar and cocoa with just enough water to make a drissly icing 
  9. sprinkle with extra coconut or 100s & 1000s
For all my vegan friends this recipe works  fantastically with plant based spreads, no one can tell the difference :-)

This is a pretty bad photo, but I should have taken one before the hoards got to them and knocked off all the coconut. I got the dregs, at least they taste good.

Enjoy x Luna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every school should have a giant something

I got KISSed twice this week.